Identifying if your Roof has Hail Damage
Hail damage to a roof can be difficult to identify, but there are a few key signs to look for.
- Dents or indentations in metal roofing. Hail can cause small dents or indentations in metal roofing, which are visible from the ground.
- Bruised or cracked shingles. Hail can cause shingles to become bruised or cracked, which can be visible from the ground.
- Missing or damaged granules. Hail can knock granules off of shingles, which can make the roof look worn or discolored.
- Leaks or water damage. Hail can cause leaks or water damage in the roof, which can be visible from the inside of the home.
- Holes or punctures. Hail can cause holes or punctures in the roof, which can be visible from the ground or inside the home.
If you suspect that your roof has been damaged by hail, it is important to have it inspected by a professional. They will be able to identify any damage and recommend the necessary repairs.